As part of the regional Compliance team, this role will report directly to the Head of Compliance, Asia based in Singapore, working with the Asia and global compliance team across multiple lines of business in the Asia region:
- Lead and manage the Hong Kong Compliance function
- Work with Compliance Monitoring team to perform regular and ad hoc monitoring reviews and prepare reports.
- Review competence assessment on licensed persons/relevant individuals for registration with the HKMA and the SFC. Review licensing applications or registration.
- Arrange for notifications to the relevant regulators on changes of details in the entities and staff members. Notify the regulators in accordance with the notification requirements in accordance to rules and regulations in Hong Kong
- Interface with external/internal auditors/inspectors in respect of regulatory and compliance issues, and follow up on recommendations made.
- Conduct investigations on complaints, errors and suspicious transactions.
- Assist in on-going review of business marketing materials.
- Monitor adherence to the global Chinese Walls policies and procedures, advise on restricted and watch lists and potential conflicts of interests.
- Monitor staff personal dealings matter.
- Establish, maintain and enforce policies and procedures to ensure effective compliance with all HKMA/SFC requirements.
- Work to integrate Head office requirements into the Hong Kong compliance functions
- To review that there are effective and appropriate compliance controls and procedures in place including controls and procedures on the prevention, monitoring and investigation of money laundering, terrorist financing, bribery and corruption, sanctions breaches and fraud, designed to ensure that the Hong Kong Branch is fully compliant with all financial crime compliance obligations.
- Roll out group initiatives in Hong Kong Branch and other Asia countries.
- Management Accountabilities - Management Principally Responsible for Businesses that Constitute Regulated Activities (“Senior Management” or “Manager-in-Charge” or "MIC") of the Core Function[s] of Compliance. Appointed as s.72B Manager for Compliance function.
- Promptly report to Overall Management In Charge all material non-compliance re regulatory requirements as well as internal policies and procedures
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law or equivalent
- Over 10 years of experience in compliance in investment banks or international brokerage firms
- Good understanding of Hong Kong regulatory environment, including the Securities and Futures Ordinance, the SFC codes, guidelines and circulars, and the requirements of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. Good understanding of the HKMA requirements and the Banking Ordinance requirements.
- Good understanding of the banking environment and financial products
- Good interpersonal skills & negotiation skills
EA Licence No. 16S7973
EA Reg. No. R1105493
Company Reg. No. 201608307R